- This event has passed.
March 1, 2014 @ 2:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Estuary Fest – a home grown festival of fun for you, the kids and everyone on Saturday 1 March, 2pm to 9pm at McCormacks Bay Reserve.
The inaugural Estuary Fest celebrates our coastal communities and the people within them. We enjoy a fantastic environment – our Port Hills backdrop, the magnificent Avon Heathcote Estuary and now the arrival of the Coastal pathway. It is also Sea Week and the third birthday of the Mt Pleasant Farmers Market – we have loads to celebrate!
Festival highlights include:
- On The Water – A grand armada of water craft, a spectacle never before seen on our Estuary including including cutters, waka, dragonboats, kite surfers, windsurfers, paddle boards, Lazers, Optimists, kayaks, surf skis, IRB and more.
- On the Stage – a day of local music, featuring The Mt Pleasant Ukulele Orchestra, Baywatch Rock, Mark Lane and friends, with a top billing of La Petite Manouch with Fiona Pears doing Gypsy Jazz.
- For the kids – Bumper boats, treasure hunt, crazy bikes, Natural Magic, bouncy castle
- In the classroom – The Speakers Corner with Maori Legends by Kathleen O’Reilly, The International Importance of the Estuary, by Andrew Crossland, and the Geological history of the Estuary, By Catherine Reid.
- On the reserve – food stalls, estuary and community stalls, loads of parking, drumming circle.
We need plenty of help to run this event well so if you would like to help in any way or book a stall please email email@example.com or call 384-1656 or 021 2398946. Volunteer Roles 2014
Estuary Fest is brought to you by the Mt Pleasant Memorial Community Centre & Residents Association Inc. with the help of the following sponsors: