Mt Pleasant Swap Meet – Garden, Baking, Surplus
Community Swap Meets are a great way for people to come together at one place, during one regular period of time, to share their ‘haves’ and meet their ‘wants’. Swap meets are about people working together to exchange garden bounties or homely skills and they also provide an opportunity for people to meet each other face to face, to talk, laugh and make new friends.
Some examples of swaps include foraged mushrooms or home-grown sprouts and web design in exchange for containers for an urban garden. At present our swap meets are just about swapping things we can grow or make but in the future we may look to share skills or barter particular goods & services much like Lyttelton’s Time Bank. ! It may be we could provide most, if not all, of what we need in our community and have a lot of fun in the process! The more we can provide for one another locally, the closer we are to sustainability! Future Swap meet dates to be advised. To add yourself to the Swap meet database contact email@example.com
What to bring:
- Food and Produce: veggies, teas, baked goods, jams, tofu, etc.
- Home-made body care: tinctures, soaps, etc.
- Bags, boxes and carts to take stuff home in
- Our goal is sustainability – please bring stuff that is locally-grown or made from local materials if possible, but anything is welcome!
- Be prepared to take back home with you whatever you don’t end up bartering or giving away