Welcome to Mt Pleasant! The Mt Pleasant Memorial Community Centre and Residents Association’s (MPCC) vision is “For Mt Pleasant to be a community that is welcoming, responsive and dynamic” and our mission is “To nurture community life and vitality”
If you are new to the area or have only just discovered our website the Association invites you to join us on any of the following levels.
- Become a financial supporter of the Association – only $30 or a household or $20 single person household. A strong membership base is needed for us to do our job and is also a good sign that what we do is considered of value by the community. You can join by clicking here. Have a look at this form for many good reasons to support your Association MPCC Brochure.
- Become an MPCC volunteer – we are always keen to receive new volunteers. Volunteers are needed for regular activities and for one off tasks such as:
- Meet and greet – centre guiding
- Keeping the “Front Room” tidy
- Maintenance of grounds
- Maintenance of building
- Set up and pack down rooms
- Keeping the “Bookshelf” tidy and up to date
- Making up Welcome Packs
- Distribution of Welcome Packs
- Farmers market stall helper
- Newsletter deliverer (2 -3 times per year)
- Being a member of the Mt Pleasant Response and Resilience team
- Being a member of an Event team eg Estuary Fest.
- We also encourage and support ‘champions” – people who are happy to lead an activity for community benefit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a Neighbourhood Coordinator – MPCC has a network of Neighbourhood Coordinators to help build and sustain our community’s neighbourliness and therefore our resilience in times of adversity. Should you wish to become a coordinator or find out more information please email email@example.com